Crescent Point Energy U.S. Corp., a subsidiary of Crescent Point Energy Corp., is a leading North American light oil producer, driven to enhance shareholder returns by cost-effectively developing a focused asset base in a responsible and sustainable manner.
Crescent Point Energy U.S. Corp. is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Manager, Finance and Accounting
Location: Denver, Colorado
Reports to: President
The Manager, Finance and Accounting is the head finance position at Crescent Point Energy U.S. Corp with overall responsibility for all accounting and finance activities. Reporting directly to the President of Crescent Point Energy U.S. Corp, the individual will be a key member of the management team and will work with other business unit leaders and executive team to provide sound business judgement and broad financial perspective.
Key responsibilities of the role include leadership of the company’s operations accounting, financial analysis and reporting, internal control and treasury functions. The individual will lead a team of approximately twenty people and will be responsible to ensure that effective processes, systems and staff are in place to meet the needs of a growing company.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Oversight for all operations accounting functions including revenue and production accounting, general ledger, joint interest, accounts payable and receivable, joint venture audits, financial analysis
- Oversight over internal monthly management reporting
- Oversight over treasury and cash management activities
- Oversight for all financial aspects of acquisition and divestment activities
- Oversight over internal control compliance with Sarbanes Oxley legislation
- Work with Corporate accounting team to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Liaise with the Company’s external auditors for the U.S. business
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly Board of Director materials
- Chair the investment committee for the Company’s employee retirement plans
- Steward the annual general and administrative expense budget
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within the organization and with external business partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study. CPA designation is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively senior experience in the upstream oil & gas industry, demonstrating a wide breadth and depth of experience across all accounting and finance functions
- Proven leadership skills and ability to build and maintain high performing teams
- The candidate must be a “hands on” professional, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise effectively across all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to effect and manage change
- Results-oriented and have the ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Only qualified candidates of interest will be contacted.